Arizona Party Bike is looking for friendly and fun Guest Attendants to help our growing team provide an awesome guest experience!
(Before we get started… what is a party bike? Check out this video: https://youtu.be/ZLc20hMFUgU/a>)
Position Description: The Guest Attendant is our front-line host/hostess with the mostest who ensures that our guests start their party bike experience off on the right foot. We believe that providing an over-the-top, memorable experience to our guests begins when they first arrive and interact with our helpful, fun-loving frontline staff!
Upon arrival, our guests enter our check-in area and are greeted by a Guest Attendant, who helps them with their waivers, checks their IDs, sets expectations for the upcoming experience, and answers any questions they have.
After checking in, our guests enter our store area where they can shop for party supplies, merch, and snacks. They also play around at our photo wall, outdoor mural, and various games. This area is also run by a Guest Attendant, who provides helpful tips and suggestions on party supplies and checks them out at our point of sale. Guests who need to purchase “adult beverages” are shown to our separate beer store, where another Guest Attendant helps them with their drink needs.
When it’s time for the party to start, the guests are introduced to their party bike captain, who takes them to their bike, goes over the rules, and loads them up for their party. Seamless!
This five-star welcome would not be possible without the best Guest Attendants in the biz. In other words: You!
You could be a be a great fit for this position if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver a five-star experience!
- You enjoy interacting with people all day and making things easy for others…. Interacting with guests, helping them with what they need, and making it the best experience ever is why we love working here!
- You aren’t looking for Monday through Friday job in a cubicle. We are busy all day (especially on the weekends) interacting with our guests!
No two days at Arizona Party Bike are ever the same, but a typical day generally includes the following responsibilities:
- Create an authentically welcoming and fun experience for guests by greeting, assisting, and directing them while making friendly conversation
- Personably and helpfully answer guest questions in person and by phone
- Ensure all guests sign waivers, check their IDs, and give them instructions in an entertaining but controlled manner
- Help guests in the selection of party supplies, merchandise, snacks and alcohol
- Use the point of sale system to efficiently scan items, run credit cards and check-out purchases
- Work efficiently to minimize guest wait time while maintaining guest service and accuracy
- Think on your feet to de-escalate and recover from any negative situations by genuinely seeking solutions for our guests
- Put together online pre-orders so that they are ready when the guests arrive
- Restock and reface items as needed
- Maintain the cleanliness and order of the property throughout the day
- Opening and closing duty checklists
- Assist the bike captains and management as necessary for a smooth operation
- All other duties as assigned
In other words, always be thinking about your guests and how you can provide a five-star experience for them!
We have great training that will teach you everything you need to know. Here are some things you should have from the get-go:
- Flexible work schedule, typically availability all day Thursday – Sunday, from approximately 10am to 10pm as needed with the tour schedule. Occasional needs Monday-Wednesday during busy season.
- Ability to work as a team and go out of your way to help your teammates
- Amazing personality with customer service and communication skills
- Desire and ability to work with and handle large groups
- Willingness to enthusiastically educate our guests to sell our products and services
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking, keeping calm under pressure while also giving off positive energy to our guests
- Ability to be consistently timely and reliable
- Reliable transportation
- Pass criminal background check
Pay and Incentives:
We believe in a strong compensation package so that everyone works hard to deliver a fantastic experience for our guests! We only hire the best. Compensation is as follows:
- $14 hourly wage
- Tip out from the bike captains for each party
- Any additional tips received from guests
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Schedule: Part-time but up to 40 hour work week during our busy season. As much of our business occurs on weekends, this position requires a flexible schedule for evenings, weekends, and holidays as needs dictate, particularly Thursday through Sunday. Shifts on busy days could be 12 hours.
- Travel: This position is located in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform necessary physical functions such as hand manipulation, finger dexterity, bending, stooping and lifting up to 30 pounds. Must be able to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time.
- Professionalism: Team members are expected to have a professional appearance and show friendliness, teamwork, competence, integrity, and enthusiasm in the performance of all responsibilities
Any offer is contingent on passing a criminal background check.