Operations Manager (AZ)
Arizona Party Bike is looking for an all-star Operations Manager who will be responsible for providing complete end-to-end oversight of all operations issues affecting the guest experience in our Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Tucson locations, from the first phone call to ensuring a five-star service experience every time.
Playing a pivotal role within the organization, you will liaise with the owner and team members to execute business processes and improve the operational structure. You will be directly responsible for recruiting and training new drivers and overseeing the execution of their responsibilities. You will set expectations and help staff meet customer experience, sales, and marketing goals.
The Operations Manager must also be driven to generate new business while cultivating and expanding the existing client base. Marketing initiatives include, but are not limited to, out-of-office sales, creating new distribution and referral channels, and establishing and maintaining high quality, productive relationships with hotel concierges, destination sales staff, visitor bureaus, tour operators, travel agents, guest service companies, corporations, marketing companies and other sectors of the tourism industry.
This is the ideal role for a hard-working, focused professional looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. This opportunity is located in Scottsdale, AZ and requires occasional driving to Phoenix and Tucson, AZ.
- Review and create task flows for key processes, and aid in the oversight of policies, procedures and scripts for critical functions throughout the business.
- Ensure a healthy and collaborative work environment among team members in accordance with our company values.
- Manage the bookings calendar in conjunction with driver schedule to maximize booking opportunities and ensure smooth operations.
- Track hours and tips for drivers and submit accurate payroll on bi-weekly basis.
- Aid in the development of and implement training protocols for customer-facing staff including drivers and call center.
- Coach, counsel, recruit, train, and discipline tour drivers, evaluate on-the-job performance, and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure that drivers meet legal and internal requirements necessary to be hired as a driver.
- Schedule the drivers and fill-in when necessary.
- Aid in the development, implementation, and management of new customer offerings.
- Liaise with call center, management, and clients to satisfy client needs, and work with drivers to implement custom client needs.
- Performance of regular vehicle inspections and scheduling maintenance, performing basic maintenance if required.
- Ensure the business runs smoothly day-to-day, including being on-call and available while tours are operating to help drivers or guests if necessary.
- Resolve problems through researching and exploring potential answers and alternative solutions.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Seek out and work with external sales and/or promotional partners such as hotel concierges, Visitor and Convention Bureaus, major group tour operators, conference organizers, destination marketing organizations, experiential marketing agencies, corporations, community organizations, area restaurants, attractions, and other distribution channel partners.
- Guest service/concierge blitz to develop relationships and promote the company’s services.
- Maintain new, existing, and potential sales data in a CRM set up by the company.
- Develop new distribution channels and maintain industry representative incentive program.
- Analyze the effectiveness of current and new sales marketing methods, costs, and results; responsible for making adjustments within budget parameters to accomplish goals.
- Work with management to develop tourism collateral to use with guest service companies, conventions, and our partners.
- Coordinate transactions for distribution channel partners.
- Attend and promote at community and tourism industry events and meetings.
As the Operations Manager, you must have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and a superb outgoing personality. You must be driven, pro-active, and goal-oriented.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in a relevant field with four years of management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic mechanical and tool knowledge to be able to perform inspections and routine maintenance on the vehicles as needed (training provided).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle and criminal record.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Experience training and supervising employees preferred.
- Experience in sales and/or marketing in the tourism or service industry preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Schedule: 45+ hour work week. As much of our business occurs on weekends, this position requires a flexible schedule for evenings, weekends, and holidays as needs dictate.
- Transportation: This position is located in Scottsdale, AZ, but requires occasional driving to Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license to attend out of the office appointments and events as scheduled.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform necessary physical functions such as driving the tour vehicles, hand manipulation, finger dexterity, bending, stooping, climbing and lifting up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, sit, drive, or walk for long periods of time. May have to perform routine or emergency mechanical maintenance on the company’s vehicles if necessary (training provided).
- Professionalism: Employees are expected to have a professional appearance and show competence, integrity, and enthusiasm in the performance of all responsibilities.
Any offer is contingent on passing a criminal background, credit, and motor vehicle record check. All employees must have a valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record.
Salary is competitive and depending on experience. Additional bonuses based on meeting revenue goals also provided.
If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please fill out the form below and send to us the required information so we can get in touch.